PRINCE2 CERTIFICATION EXAMS
Visit PRINCE2 training for upcoming project management training schedule.
Are you seeking an internationally recognised project management certification?
Does your company seek assurance that project managers have the required knowledge and competencies to manage a project according to best practices?
PRINCE2 courses increase your ability to manage projects and associated risks more effectively.
The two PRINCE2 certification levels are: PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner.
Foundation certification demonstrates an understanding of how the method operates. The Practitioner certification demonstrates competency in applying and adapting the method to different project situations and scenarios.
Foundation certification is achieved by successfully completing the PRINCE2 Foundation exam. This exam is completed at the end of a 3 day Foundation training course. Practitioner certification is achieved by successfully completing the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. This exam is completed at the end of the 2 day Practitioner training course.
Successfully completing the Foundation exam is a pre-requisite to completing the Practitioner exam.
Our PRINCE2 certification training is based on the PRINCE2 2017 syllabus.
- Exam time: 1 hour
- Number of questions: 60 questions
- Pass Mark: 33 or more correct answers
- Open/closed book: Closed book
- Question style: Multiple-choice
For your reference below are two sample PRINCE2 Foundation exam questions:
How does the process Starting up a Project support the principle defined roles and responsibilities?
- This is where the project management team is designed and appointed
- This process defines the activities for the initiation stage of the project
- It is in this process where the Project Product Description is produced
- It is in this process where the project approach is agreed to
Who confirms appointment of the project management team during Starting up a Project?
- Project Manager
- Project Board
- Project Executive
- Corporate Management
The Practitioner exam is a scenario based exam. Delegates are presented with a 1 page scenario, including additional information for specific questions.
- Exam time: 2.5 hours
- Number of questions: 68 questions
- Pass Mark: 38 or more correct answers
- Open/closed book: Open book, PRINCE2 official manual only
- Question style: Exam questions are presented in the following styles:
For your reference below are two sample PRINCE2 Practitioner exam questions:
Which statement is correct about the contents of a Business Case?
- A new sales ordering process is a defined benefit
- Do nothing is an appropriate business option that should be documented in the Business Case
- Operational costs for maintaining the project product should be omitted from the Business Case
- The methods for reviewing post-project benefits are documented in the project’s Business Case
Which of the following is an appropriate attribute for selecting the Operations Manager Joe Crane as the project Executive?
- He has been with the company for 15 years and agrees with the aims of the project
- This is a great opportunity for Joe to gain experience in directing complex projects
- He is a skilled and qualified accountant
- He has the requisite authority to secure the project’s funding
Please note: only accredited and licensed PRINCE2 training organizations are permitted to deliver PRINCE2 courses and invigilate PRINCE2 exams.
Practitioner qualified delegates have two options to retain their registration status. They can either re-sit a Practitioner exam every 3 years or join the Axelos membership program and maintain the annual membership criteria. Contact us for more information.